Your essential reference for understanding broader New Zealand grocery trends
The Market Information Digest (MID) is a crucial reference tool for companies interested in packaged goods markets. It provides immediate access to valuable information on a wide range of product categories. It enables you to conduct cross-category analysis, as well as identify new opportunities in adjacent categories.
Questions the MID will answer
- Which categories should I consider entering? Which categories are showing above average growth? Which segments and manufacturers are driving this growth?
- How dependent are my competitors on other categories, and how are they performing? Are they being distracted elsewhere?
- Which manufacturer could be a take-over target? Who are the fastest growing manufacturers? What is the size of their business? Where is the growth coming from?
Who should buy?
- Grocery manufacturers, brokers and distributors
- Media and advertising agencies – for identifying potential prospects
- Government agencies and other interested organisations.
How the information is collected
The MID is compiled from Nielsen ScanTrack data. It covers scanning data across all major supermarket retailers nationally and by state, so you can be assured of full and consistent coverage.
Countries covered by the study
The Market Information Digest has been produced in Australia and New Zealand for a number of years, and has been successfully launched in recent years by Malaysia, China, Japan and Korea.
(available for Grocery and Organised Service Stations)
- Store Numbers
- Sales Trends
- Top and Bottom growth categories
- All Category Ranking Report
- Controlled Label Summary*
- Manufacturer Report
- Household Penetration
- Key Shopping days / times
*Not available for Service Stations
- How many outlets are there?
- What is the growth for the channel?
- What are the top growing and declining
- Where do the categories rank?
- What are the top controlled label categories?
- How many households buy the category?
- When do households shop?
- Who are the top manufacturers in the channel?
(available for more than 375 Grocery categories)
- Category size and growth by value and volume
- Average price
- Segmentation$ share and % growth
- Seasonality ($ sales)
- Market location ($ sales)
- Manufacturer, Brand and Controlled Label performance
As the leading provider of business information, analysis and insights to a variety of clients throughout Asia Pacific, the accuracy of retail data we provide is crucial.
Our information provides manufacturers and retailers with the ability to track sales performance, monitor price changes, manage distribution, analyse promotion execution and impact and evaluate new product success. Advanced consumer diagnostic capabilities allow clients to determine who buys what, how much they buy and where they shop.
What is the cost?
The MID is available at competitive market prices. You can purchase a whole country digest, a single segment or a single category in one or more markets, with discounts available for multiple country purchases and to current ScanTrack clients. To secure your copy, please contact your local Nielsen representative.
Click here for the category list
Click here for the order form
Back to Top