The foundation for strategic planning and tactical decision-making is a thorough understanding of your markets.
Nielsen ScanTrack allows you to examine key business trends by product, category, chain and geography for one brand or an entire competitive set. With information such as product characteristics (e.g. flavour and size), causal activity, sales volume and selling price, Nielsen ScanTrack gives you access to the detailed information you need to manage your business.
Comprehensive coverage of major chains
Nielsen ScanTrack provides you with comprehensive coverage of specific retailer formats that make up a significant percentage of sales for most packaged goods categories. In New Zealand, information is also available for specific named key accounts, allowing you to measure your own and your competitors' performance, and the performance of major retail chains.
- Better understand the impact of promotional activity
- Identify the 'lift' you obtain from your promotions
- Measure your performance across specific retailers
- Easily incorporate promotional analysis into the category management process
What’s driving your sales?
Nielsen ScanTrack will help you answer commonly asked questions such as:
- What was the impact of my promotions?
- What segment trends are driving my category?
- How do my sales respond to promotional pricing?
- Which manufacturers are driving category growth?
- What are the top selling items in the category?
- How reliant am I on promotions vs my competitors?
- How quickly have new products gained distribution?
- Am I promoting as frequently as my competitors?
- What is the average shelf price versus promoted price for my main competitor?
- What percentage of my store sales are generated by promotions?
Critical for sales and marketing Professionals
Nielsen ScanTrack combines advertised feature displays and temporary price reductions (TPR) promotions with weekly scan sales data to provide sales and marketing professionals with a powerful tool to understand key developments by item, brand, segment or category. You can better evaluate how effective promotions are - the result being better planning and greater returns on investment.
Back to Top