Brand, Category and Sales Management
Brand, Category and Sales Managers all need tools to evaluate the performance of a category and the brands within it. Nielsen Can Help develop clear strategies based on consumer insights by addressing questions such as:
- Is my category growing or declining?
- What percent of households buy a category or brand?
- Which sectors are growing or declining?
- How do pricing and deal levels vary across brands?
- Where did volume increases come from?
- Where are the opportunities for category growth?
Strategic planners need detailed insights into market dynamics in order to harness category opportunities and plan for the future. This calls for information about what is happening and how it is happening. Existing and new players in a category must address issues, including:
- Which categories are growing or declining?
- What are the long term consumer and category forecasts?
- Where is the growth coming from?
- Who is driving the growth in purchasing?
In addition to knowing what is happening in a category, Nielsen can provide insights into consumer perceptions and attitudes. This can cover a very broad spectrum of issues including:
- How important are current consumer based issues such as genetically modified foods?
- Are consumers aware of and changing their behaviour because of current issues?
- Do brands that offer health benefits drive sales?
Nielsen Can Help
Track and examine key business trends by product, category, chain and geography for individual brands or the whole market with Nielsen retail data and easy-to-use software tools. Find out more.
Homescan tracks household purchasing information over time to help determine what drives consumers’ decisions and assess the impact your marketing strategies have had on purchasing behaviour and patterns. Find out more.
Get insight into brand health as a measure of current performance and future opportunities relevant to a brand’s environment. Our services enable you to evaluate the marketing mix, assess customer loyalty & retention, and understand consumer motivations & needs. This research is essential to developing supporting marketing tactics and strategies associated with new product development. Find out more.