Nielsen offers an integrated suite of market information gathered from a wide range of sources, advanced information management tools, sophisticated analytical systems and methodologies, and dedicated professional client service to help our clients find the best paths to growth.
Clients work with our services to:
- Measure their market performance
- Analyse market dynamics
- Diagnose and solve marketing and sales problems, and
- Identify and capture growth opportunities
Our people work closely with clients to help them choose the right set of information and services and use it to make the best possible decisions.
Our major market-measurement services provide comprehensive coverage of:
- Sales to consumers of fast-moving consumer packaged goods, gathered at the point of sale in retail stores of all types and sizes. These retail measurement services provide clients with essential facts on how their products are performing compared with their competitors, and on trends and changes in market conditions and sales results. They also provide critical information on the use of promotional activities at the retail level, such as special displays or pricing, and on distribution and stock conditions in retail stores.
- Purchases by consumers of packaged goods and other products, gathered through participating panels of consumer households and through customised studies. These consumer panel and consumer research services provide a foundation for understanding and analyzing consumers’ motivations, attitudes, behaviour, shopping patterns and demographic characteristics.
Analytical Tools and Services
We offer a wide range of software and professional services that enable clients to receive, select and evaluate our market-measurement information, integrate it with their own data and third-party information, and apply it to specific business issues and situations.
Clients can view and analyse information from many perspectives, such as by specific product categories, by geographic area or by retail channel. We also organize and present information to suit the specific needs of many individuals in manufacturing, service and retail organisations, including general managers, marketing professionals, sales professionals, purchases, merchandisers and category managers.
Our consumer panel and consumer research services provide clients with many opportunities and techniques to examine trends and understand the impact of the market forces that influence consumers’ purchasing decisions. Consumer panels link purchasing information to demographics and provide a controlled environment for examining motivational factors.
Our analytical and modelling services provide clients with a range of options to evaluate and understand why marketing campaigns succeed or fail, and to address specific future marketing opportunities and issues, such as promotion optimisation, pricing, consumer targeting and marketing mix optimisation.
In many markets, we offer a suite of consumer-focused consumer research techniques and services that address clients’ unique and specific marketing and sales issues.
While our major clients all share a common focus on consumers, each individual client has its own distinct set of business characteristics and marketing and sales concerns. Our information and services are designed to help each client identify and act upon unique growth opportunities.
Using a structured and disciplined approach to building and managing long-term relationships, our people work in close partnership with their clients to understand their strategies and business objectives... To design the right suite of Nielsen services that fits their needs... To agree on clear and measurable business objectives... And to measure the results and clients’ return on their investment.
Nielsen actively supports development of future associates and clients through support for faculty and universities with creative, technology-based learning opportunities for students. Using online courses, case studies, whitepapers and reports, simulations, games, case competitions, data analysis, symposiums and speakers bureaus, we provide a valuable link between student career preparation and successful careers.